6 Week Update

It’s hard to believe it’s been 6 weeks since we uprooted our lives and moved to Uganda. It’s overwhelming to stop and think about the gravity of the decision. Up till now it didn’t feel real. Still it feels like a dream in some way, but it’s finally starting to sink in. The moment it hit me was a surprise. I was talking about my family with my friend, specifically one of my brothers. I looked up a video of him singing to show her and suddenly watching I began to cry. Not sob, but still uncontrolled tears. It all came rushing in like the African dust. We are thousands of miles away from everything and everyone we knew. I spent my whole life in the same state, always within an hour or 2 of family. Now it all has changed suddenly. I knew all along that would be my greatest challenge; leaving those I love...Our family and friends.I am really starting to miss them. Ah! I just focus on now, what we can do here in Uganda, and the wonderful friends we have made. Gladly my family and I share the belief that one day we’ll have forever on a paradise earth together. (Psalms 37:10,11,29 Proverbs 2:21 *) That thought gets me through when I’m really missing them, and hopefully it’s the same for them. I realize though this world is spiraling into greater chaos each day, and now more than ever people need hope. That’s our mission, to give hope of something better, and practical help till then. Seeing how the Bible changes lives is a blessing unlike any other, and makes everything and everyone we are missing worth it. I have never doubted for a second that it was the right choice to move to Uganda, I only doubted if I really can do it. Still I doubt if I can make it, and honestly sometimes, if I ever want to. BUT when I focus on the big picture I remember the why, and most of all the how- Jehovah.

In AWESOME news… We went on a safari last week! INCREDIBLE experience to say the least. We saw so many animals and took so many photos. We can't post them all, but here are some pictures of some of the amazing creation we saw… So please look at the art and think of the artist.


Seeing lions on a safari is actually uncommon.  We saw them 3 times! 14 lions total! We were singing "Lion King" songs a lot. 

And lots of elephants!  40 or more across 2 days. 

Water buffalo

2 Baboons... Kidding 

The view from our lodge.


With our missionary friends Jennifer and Derek. 

Together is the best place to be.




* For more about what the Bible teaches regarding a paradise earth see

JW.ORG the best reference to find out what Jehovah's Witnesses believe and get other Bible questions answered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Complete What You Started...

What Isaiah said...

The Best Feeling Ever...